This months theme on motivational monday is children. Hey..guess what…
I have a few of those 😉
So i thought i would give a little run down of each of the little folk who dwell here in this dwelling.
So first up. My guy. My only one.
Yes..thats right he is the only boy..
yes he is surrounded by women, yes he has lots of sisters, no he isn’t henpecked…
blah blah blah…
you can tell i have heard those sort of comments LOTS before right?!
We all know a baby doesn’t come with a ‘tick the box’ option don’t we. *stares*
A-n-y-w-a-y (thats a whole other blog post) 😉
My pioneering child. Breaking all those first boundaries of parenthood. He is the one that we have had to scale that steep learning curve with and i reckon that fact that him and us are still all alive and vaguely sane is the sign of a success!
Anyway our not so little boy is now staring down the barrels of 11.
Sweet. mary. jo.
We are so close to teenager it could spin my head clear off my shoulders!
But right now he is 10.
and right now he is:
- Very very much into Minecraft, which is a game that i cannot understand the attraction in. He is asking me to download all sorts of guides to it on the Kindle and then spending hours working out how to make houses. The graphics remind me of something that was around in the days of the ZX-81 😉
- Finished year 5 this year and waved goodbye to one of his favourite teachers. The teacher is leaving the school as well so there is no chance that my girls will have him which is a shame. We liked him a lot
- He loves formula one. You could talk to him for ages about cars. He knows so much about cars, their makes, models and how fast they can go. Largely fuelled by his father’s interest in formula one and all things a bit petrol head ish.
- He currently wants to work for Nintendo and has taken it quite personally that the Wii U has bombed slightly! 🙂
- He is a great big brother to his sisters and is pretty balanced about being a big brother to a bunch of girls. He is especially close to our youngest girlie.
- He loves movies, and scripts. He remembers dialogue and quotes it often! Currently we are all about dispicable me 2 and Monsters U.
- He is after a phone…we are resisting..we might meet middle ground with some walkie talkies 😉
- He still likes trains
- He has no love for girlie pop groups such as one direction and the like. Usually a point of conflict in our house!!
- He has never ever tasted tomato Ketchup, he used to tell people he was allergic to it. He now develops a big kinship with anyone who comes to our house who feels the same. 😉
- He is a natural musician and plays by ear, which sometimes frustrates his music teacher. He isnt, however, a natural practicer (is that a word?) so we have to use increasingly inventive ways to get him to practice!
- He can be a bit ‘chickin lickin’ Which we laugh about but we sometimes have to have very serious conversations about how the wind outside is not going to turn into a tornedo!
- He is, to date, the only one of my children who has had to endure a general anesthestic. (thank God). He fell onto a coffee table when he was 2 and has to have surgery as it had gone across the line of his lip. He now has a cute Indiana Jones type scar.
He is also turning into a little bit of a photographer and this weekend asked me to help him take this sort of shot. I think he did a pretty good job.
Giveaway this month is for a fabulous luxury box of cosmetics from LUSH, that shop you can smell from all the way down the street. Just follow the rafflecopter instructions. Good LUCK